lift question..

uksniper1

hi guys,rangie coming along great now,snorkel,roofrack bushwires,light bar,remote search light, bonnet mounted hi lift etc..thanks to all who have replied to my questions an helped me with the modds....ok i have another question....ihave a 2 inch lift blue spring pro comp suspension lift on her,,and im thinking of fitting a good quility spring spacer kit to go to around 4 inches in lift...apart from fitting 4 inch longer brake hoses is there anything else ill have to do..thanks guys,,all the best...wayne.

Why do you want to give it another 2 inches of lift? Unless you have tyre to body clearance issues the 2inch spacers serve no purpose... appart from causing issues with prop shafts binding and issues with castor of the front wheels etc. I would personally spend the money on something else... Sorry if that is being negative- just my humble opinion.

Leave it as 2" or you are going to open a whole can of worms let alone ££!!

Remember, the diff will still be the same height above the ground withough mahoosive tyres.

Save your ££ for a pint after greenlaning to the pub......... :rolleyes:

As people mention say above, what do you want this extra 2" of lift to achive.

I am running a combination of spring and body lift for tyre clearance, thought I would prefer to just make the inner wheel arches bigger, though all modifications are compromises.

I found a body lift caused more problems to be delt with that suspension lift, but the problems were generally much easier/cheaper to deal with, such as just moving an earth strap from one bolt to another, or drilling more holes for the oil cooler pipes and rad mounting brakets, making an extendion for the high/low leavcer out of a bolt and a couple of nust welded together, etc. compared to the suspension lift were correcting castor angles can cost £££ and then £££ more to cure vibrations from changing propshaft UJ angles. My steering linkage had enough adjustment as standard to allow a 40mm body lift. IIRC a friend had 3" body lift with standard steering linkages.

Leave it as 2" or you are going to open a whole can of worms let alone ££!!

Remember, the diff will still be the same height above the ground withough mahoosive tyres.

Save your ££ for a pint after greenlaning to the pub......... :rolleyes:

lol..yeah good point.... :D