Fender Bolts

tuko

I recently bought an used external roll cage that I want to draft to my hybrid. As I'm in the process of installing the fenders I'm thinking that it's a good time now to install the front braces that bolt between the outer fender and the bulkhead. The bolts on my hybrid look to be too short and searching through Micorcat I found 2 part numbers but no description (ie: length)

AM605066 Defender 2007 -

AM605061 Defender 1987-2006

Can anybody tell me which bolts I should be using in the application so that the bolt lengths are the correct size.

Cheers,

Todd.

you've got a newer issue than mine then, I'd gues that SD were using the earlier number as I doubt the uprights would need much space between the bolt & wing panel to fit, the bolts are only securing a thin panel lip & have a lot of thread that passes through the spirenut on the bulkhead. IIRC when I removed my right front side panel the bolts were around 1 inch [25mm] long & only a few mm of that was taken up by the wing/bulkhead joint.

Hej Ralph,

When you say that the bolt was 25mm long, is that the thread portion? I just measured mine and they were 18mm (thread portion). If yours are longer than mine then I'll be ordering them.

Cheers,

Todd.