RRC Mounting A Hi-lift Jack

stuck

You will find that a high lift is not the best tool with a Range Rover as the bodywork gets in the way a lot!

Having said that, the only other places I have seen a highlift mounted is across the top of an ARB bull bar and across the scuttle below the windscreen.

You will find that a high lift is not the best tool with a Range Rover as the bodywork gets in the way a lot!

Having said that, the only other places I have seen a highlift mounted is across the top of an ARB bull bar and across the scuttle below the windscreen.

Cheers Bish,

I tried the scuttle but couldn't get it to fit without fouling either the bonnet or the wipers, guess I could loose the use of a back door (going to weld them up any way) and bolt it across that and the rear wing. :unsure:

I've got bumpers with jack points, not ideal but better than nothing!

Thanks again,

Mick.

Hi all,

Looking for the best place to externaly mount a Hi-lift jack on a RRC, only place I can think of is across the lower tail gate.

Any better ideas?

Piccies would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mick.

hi m8,,ive mounted my 4 foot high lift across the front of the bonnet just above the range rover stickers,seems to be just fine(alough i was a little heavy handed tightning the bolts an put a tiny dent under one of the brackets..ooppsss...lol), and ive put a chain and padlock to the bull bar too(intend on keeping the jack..and handy to hold jack in case of crash e.t.c),,,can send sum piccies l8r if you like m8..all the best,wayne... ;)

hi m8,,ive mounted my 4 foot high lift across the front of the bonnet just above the range rover stickers,seems to be just fine(alough i was a little heavy handed tightning the bolts an put a tiny dent under one of the brackets..ooppsss...lol), and ive put a chain and padlock to the bull bar too(intend on keeping the jack..and handy to hold jack in case of crash e.t.c),,,can send sum piccies l8r if you like m8..all the best,wayne... ;)

Cheers Wayne,

Hadn't thought about the front of the bonnet, a picture or two would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mick.

Not exactly what you asked, but mine is mounted internally on brackets bolted through the sloping part of the floor in the rear footwell. Kids haven't ripped themselves to pieces after 3 years.

Make sure you use a doubling plate to strengthen the attachment for the reasons given in a crash.

Cheers Wayne,

Hadn't thought about the front of the bonnet, a picture or two would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mick.

here you go mate the piccies for you,,its bolted through the double skinned bottom of bonntet and has roll cage large washers to prevent any splitting of the bonnet in a crash,,and like ive said it is also chained to nudge bar too...hope they help.....wayne.

post-12869-1235233095_thumb.jpg

post-12869-1235233130_thumb.jpg

post-12869-1235233159_thumb.jpg

post-12869-1235233183_thumb.jpg

post-12869-1235233209_thumb.jpg