adjustable panhard rod

orange rover

I am sure that I read that even with 3" of lift the sideways location of the axle is only out by 4mm or something tiny? Which in Land Rover terms is nothing

The whole point of the Panhard rod being close to parallel is to keep the axle in the same lateral position.

Unless you are fitting a non LR axle and need to play with the Panhard rod length I wouldn't bother

I am sure that I read that even with 3" of lift the sideways location of the axle is only out by 4mm or something tiny? Which in Land Rover terms is nothing

The whole point of the Panhard rod being close to parallel is to keep the axle in the same lateral position.

Unless you are fitting a non LR axle and need to play with the Panhard rod length I wouldn't bother

not that much - i admit

i'm also knocking out the panhard bushes quite fast - so therefore looking for a solution with a rose joint

not that much - i admit

i'm also knocking out the panhard bushes quite fast - so therefore looking for a solution with a rose joint

I though rose joints die even faster as they are not designed to be dunked in mud so are not sealed?

How about a very good quality poly bush? I use Original metal elastics but don't compete so don't eat them that fast, but in some pivot points maybe Polys' are the way to go?

I am sure some of the big boys with their custom rigs can comment with some actual experience :)

Ive got a scrapiron rose jointed rod, the joints are forever getting renewed. Around 10quid each, but cant find any greasables.If I had to get another, would go with the paddock item as bsh will probably last longer. Paddocks do an adjustable rod for 58quid. Uses oe type bushes.Also Trubrit IIRC do an adjustble rod as do Rakeways.

Polys last an even shorter amount of time if you start flexing them. Rose joint life realy depends on the quality of the joint and how you look after them - if you look at any rally car they will all use them.

i looked at the paddock one - not sure whether it will work since i think the suspension twists the joint and therefore undo the thread. rose jointz seems to make more sense.

Polys last an even shorter amount of time if you start flexing them. Rose joint life realy depends on the quality of the joint and how you look after them - if you look at any rally car they will all use them.

Only if it's a hard durometer poly.

Super Pro ones last as they are sensibly engineered (ie. not too hard)

BTW, rose joints flog out in no time in dust, dirt and mud, you just keep replacing them in rallying and speedway.

The only way to make a rose joint last is use these http://www.sealsit.com/rodend.asp or these http://www.sealsit.com/rodendboots.asp