ZF HP22 oil flow

ciderman

Can anyone identify which is the inlet and outlet ports for the oil cooler from the box , (Flow and return )

One port is on the left of the box about half way up behind the bell housing and the other underneath .

I am considering putting a temp sender into the flow pipe to the cooler ,

Any tips greatly recieved .

If I recall correctly the flow is high up on the nearside (UK) and the return just flows back to the sump pan offside.

I honestly believe your better off not knowing about gearbox temp if your competing it's just something else to worry about but hey ho.

Would it not be better to know the temp of the oil returning to the 'box?

That way you would know that no matter how high the 'box temp was going the cooler was dealing with it.

Steve

Not sure that I agree with that, I want to know/act-on the highest temp - not the lowest.

Loz

You need to know the temp of oil coming out of box as that is the max temp the oil is operating at , and will have been based on the temp of return oil , and the amount of enrgy put into the oil by the internals of the gearbox. If you wanted to be a bit of an anorak you could read the after cooler oil temp as well so you could calculate the cooler efficiency ?

If I recall correctly the flow is high up on the nearside (UK) and the return just flows back to the sump pan offside.

I honestly believe your better off not knowing about gearbox temp if your competing it's just something else to worry about but hey ho.

can confirm that - outflow on top opf box inflow on the bottom