Discovery I - speedo mileage

john01473

That's weird.

It can be done to show the correct mileage but that means tampering with the mileage indication and I don't know the UK legal aspects on the subject. No problem if you won't ever sell it though.

If you think you might sell it some day and you have some recent service records you can go to the garage that did the last job on the vehicle (and made a note of the mileage) to have them make an official note of the situation.

please please dont take this the wrong way as i am not a car clocker but..............................if u are looking to put it back to the original milage u can take the speedo dials out, the speedo cable that plugs into the back is completely mechanical, u can get a drill bit or end to fit in it and reverse it that way, only reason i fugured this out was from when i break a few discos as it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out

please please dont take this the wrong way as i am not a car clocker but..............................if u are looking to put it back to the original milage u can take the speedo dials out, the speedo cable that plugs into the back is completely mechanical, u can get a drill bit or end to fit in it and reverse it that way, only reason i fugured this out was from when i break a few discos as it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out

I dont intend to sell the truck - its just for the mot and insurance.

Big John

axle stands and reverse?? just a shame it didnt work for ferris bueller on his dad ferrari!!

;) Yip, I can vouch for that - you may need to do it from the back to get at the little prong that drives the wheels with numbers on, also expect them to be a bit skew-wiff afterwards as they tend to not line up perfectly when tampered with. I've replaced a few clocks in my time and re-set them to the milage shown on the old one when doing so - its a 5 minute job once the clocks are out.............