Standard 3.9 v8 EAS range rover classic with 265/75/16

stevesmonster

Hey people.

It been a while since ive been on here, ive been busy fixing a few bits on the range rover as getting it a bit battered in some lanes and trials.

Anyway, I'm ready for a tyre change. My Marshall 225/70/16 are way to small once you get in the mud, and only when there let right down you finally get some grip. So Im looking at getting the Track specials on 265/75/16 which is 2" taller and 40mm wider that what I have, also the tread goes out wider so its a large tyre.

Ive been reading up about getting lift kits, and cutting the arches away, but these all seem to be on coil sprung chassis. Has anyone done this conversion to a classic with EAS? Dont say get rid of the EAS as ive rebuild all the pump unit, fitted a new seal and moved it all in the boot (and it works a treat now)

So my ideas are..

2" body lift with a 1" air bag lift. but I have to be careful, as the standard high changes if your off road.

Anyone does this? and any ideas?

Hey people.

It been a while since ive been on here, ive been busy fixing a few bits on the range rover as getting it a bit battered in some lanes and trials.

Anyway, I'm ready for a tyre change. My Marshall 225/70/16 are way to small once you get in the mud, and only when there let right down you finally get some grip. So Im looking at getting the Track specials on 265/75/16 which is 2" taller and 40mm wider that what I have, also the tread goes out wider so its a large tyre.

Ive been reading up about getting lift kits, and cutting the arches away, but these all seem to be on coil sprung chassis. Has anyone done this conversion to a classic with EAS? Dont say get rid of the EAS as ive rebuild all the pump unit, fitted a new seal and moved it all in the boot (and it works a treat now)

So my ideas are..

2" body lift with a 1" air bag lift. but I have to be careful, as the standard high changes if your off road.

Anyone does this? and any ideas?

you will need to either drop the height sensors down to compensate for the height increase or develop new height sensors or use the original ones and try to recalibrate the height sensors you can make the spacers out of alloy and the fit them on top of the bag between the axle or under either way t should work have you fitted new bags? waht make are you using? as the arnott industries ones are 2" longer than standard

You can just adjust the ride height for the various modes on the diagnostics yourself. Its easy enough to do - just need a laptop and a few bits of wire and a tape measure.

Google EAS unlocker for a bit of freeware that will allow you to do it. I did it on my softdash classic.

Jon

I have 'lifted' my P38 and fitted 265.75x16 tyres.

I got new airsprings from Arnott that are longer than standard, fitted front shocks in

the rear(longer) new brakelines, checked ABS wires, etc and simply recalibrated

the 4 ride heights.

I havn't gone over the max extension of the original springs, ie 'Extended offroad'

for offroad height(another 2" or so over offroad height, selected by the ECU when it

feels the vehicle is grounded) so even if the ECU selects this height now, it will simply stay at

the offroad height I have programmed in.

The only problem I have is rubbing when turning if the susp. is on the bumpstops or 'access mode'.

you will need to either drop the height sensors down to compensate for the height increase or develop new height sensors or use the original ones and try to recalibrate the height sensors you can make the spacers out of alloy and the fit them on top of the bag between the axle or under either way t should work have you fitted new bags? waht make are you using? as the arnott industries ones are 2" longer than standard

I have no idea whats fitted, most prob just standard bags. i know it had two new bags a year before i got it. will check the service stuff and see 9most prob wont say tho)

so should i do a body lift? or just reprogram the air bags?