Pulling to the right when braking

Hi,

I've just replaced the pistons and seals in my nearside caliper as the LR failed an MOT for pulling to the right when braking. This has made no difference at all!

As I'm a bit of a novice at this sort of thing, I'm looking for ideas as to what might be wrong. Is it possible there is still air in the system? how much fluid should I bleed through before accepting that there is non air left?

Thanks,

Tony

provided you have air free fluid from the bleed screw, thats about all you can do, I usually give the pedal a good pumping then rebleed making sure the free end of the hose in below the fluid level in bleed jar, last time i used a oneway valve bleed tube, check the rear brakes are bled correctly too & pads on both fronts are about equal thickness & wheel bearings are correctly adjusted.

Dave, Ralph,

I didn't replace the pads as they looked okay and still quite thick,There was certainly no evidence of fluid on them. It will probably pay to replace both sides anyway.

I think I'm going to end up putting it into the garage as I need the vehicle fixed and I have a day job as well; I havent got time to do both. They can check the tracking for me too. It's already booked in for a retest tomorrow, so maybe they can spend some time looking at the problem.

Thanks,

Tony