Jump to content

Sliding latch thingy

Steve Warman

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to find some latches that have a sliding, rotating end but can't figure out what theywould be called.

The best description i can come up with would be that something slides onto the latch and the end of the latch then has section that rotates to form a 'T' shape to stop whatever has been slid on can't come off.

To get the whatever off the latch you then have to rotate the end again so the whole latch is in line.

Any body got any idea what they;re actually called??



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you know this is important?

The latches jumped open on my trailer.

1. The whole load I was taking to the dump scattered across the road.

2. The tailgate is removable by sliding it sideways when open...so it also went across the road and destroyed all the lights.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy