Light Bar

baldy

Ok got all the bits and pieces together to start putting the roof mounted light bar on this weekend

But am having a slight quandary as to run the cables from the roof into under the bonnet

I know if I had a snorkle tie wrap the loom to that BUT I haven't got one ( yet)

So how can I fix the cable to the outside of the A post ????

Cheers

Baldy

Ok got all the bits and pieces together to start putting the roof mounted light bar on this weekend

But am having a slight quandary as to run the cables from the roof into under the bonnet

I know if I had a snorkle tie wrap the loom to that BUT I haven't got one ( yet)

So how can I fix the cable to the outside of the A post ????

Cheers

Baldy

i drilled a hole in the roof, brought it down the pillar, and through a gromit, to the 2nd battery, and it allowed me to use the shortest cable route to have a switch in the same place as the leccy windows, and fitted my own little fusebox in the passenger footwell, at the end of the day ur gonna have to bring it back into the cab at some point for the switch!

What age is the disco?

If it's a DII, then IIRC don't they have an exterior A post trim that can have the cables behind it?

If it's a DI, then the easiest way without a snorkel is going to be drill the roof (which is how i will do mine eventually), rubber grommet and some silicone sealer.

Rest of the wiring for mine is already in place, running a separate fuse box in the glove box, powered off the 2nd battery. Switches are in the roof console, one to toggle main beam switching, one to energise them independantly of the headlights so they can be used as nighttime illumination for working on stuff in the dark.

Get to the breakers yard. Most modern stuff has that black plastic conduit for running looms in. They are often held in place by clips that press into a hole then wrap around the conduit. get some of them and some conduit. Cut the prong bit off the clamps - this leaves a loop for the conduit to pass through with a kind of 'foot' then simply stick the feet of the clamps to the A pillar with some sticky pads or halfrauds body trim repair tape (double sided excellent for sticking on number plates). Fit the conduit to the clamps, run the wiring through it, job done.............

Or Vehicle wiring products sell small square self-adhesive pads that have loops on the top face to pass cable ties through - wont look as neat as the way above, but it'll do till you get that snorkel you've always promised yourself......