New Engine Help

Blown Head Gasket on my 3.5 so im replacing it with a 3.9

-mainly because its simple and cheaper than doing a 4.6 conversion.

Can anyone tell me what kind of 3.9 to look out for, ill be running carbs & my lpg system

ALSO ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS ?!?!?!

Bought a 1.2 clio with 10months tax n 6months MOT for £125. . . . i want my land rover back on the road, the clio makes me sad!

HELP !!! :D

Carbs, now that's a horrible thing to do to an innocent 3.9 :ph34r:

Id like to megasquirt it!!! -does anyone have a rough idea of how much power a 3.9 MS is kickin out?

Just worried about electrics, if they balls up somewhere im screwed. . . carbs are easier to sort out (that was the general idea)

Cheers

Not sure if this helps but i do have a mint 3.5 engine for sale just been rebuilt by a company for scorpion racing pm me if interested. saves you alot of hassle and you can bolt it straight in ive had one of those clio,s worst thing i ever drove apart from the citreon AX lol!!!

Id like to megasquirt it!!! -does anyone have a rough idea of how much power a 3.9 MS is kickin out?

Just worried about electrics, if they balls up somewhere im screwed. . . carbs are easier to sort out (that was the general idea)

Cheers

Yes I'd far sooner dismantle a carb in a muddy field than plug a laptop in :ph34r:

To give an idea the factory power figures for 3.5 V8 are ~132hp on carbs and ~165hp on EFI, 3.9 EFI is ~180-something from memory.

• 2 weeks later...
And the reality is that EFI rarely goes wrong :)

does anyone have a 3.9, 4.0, 4.2 efi v8 for sale???

reasonable condition, if it comes with an lpg kit then even better

- although i do have one currently fitted so could just use that one.