Td 5 remap ?

Tear it up

Just bought a '99 V reg TD5. Absolute bargain even if I do say so myself. Quite a few bills with it, one that caught my eye was one that cost £2000 2 years ago for springs, brakes, intercooler pipe work etc etc. Bought it for £2995. My questions are is it worth getting it remapped? What are the pros and cons of doing this? Roughly how much will it cost and where's the best place to go?

Just bought a '99 V reg TD5. Absolute bargain even if I do say so myself. Quite a few bills with it, one that caught my eye was one that cost £2000 2 years ago for springs, brakes, intercooler pipe work etc etc. Bought it for £2995. My questions are is it worth getting it remapped? What are the pros and cons of doing this? Roughly how much will it cost and where's the best place to go?

Mines a 99/00 td5 tc on an X and with 58K its getting a remap asap. The removal of the centre box is a good cheap mod, removing the EGR will help i've been told then a later 02 onwards intercooler as i've been told there larger.

Good price that, whats the miles?

Mines a 99/00 td5 tc on an X and with 58K its getting a remap asap. The removal of the centre box is a good cheap mod, removing the EGR will help i've been told then a later 02 onwards intercooler as i've been told there larger.

Good price that, whats the miles?

It's a GS 5 seats 115000 miles with a set of 5 18" alloys and comes with a set of 5 16" alloys as spares

http://www.jeengineering.co.uk/d2_diesel_eng.htm

theres a bolt on one as well for the same money

I'd have a word with TD5 Alive also, I spoke with then on Sundsay and fitted their EGR kit on Monday. Very helpful and seem to know what they are on about. I haven't had a remap yet, don't know if I will, but I'll be using them if I do. I'm waiting to see how it drives fully loaded with expedition kit, if it's ok I won't bother with a remap. I personally think the TD5 engine is plenty good enough as it is.

Yes its worth it. You can never have enough power, a remapped one will put the engine where it should be instead of the dumbed down tune LR use.

Or put it this way - once you've driven a remapped one, you won't ever want to drive a stock one again.

No real negatives, only the cost of getting it done.

I have recently had my 2000 'v' reg td5 (119,000 miles) remapped by JE Engineering. I opted for their stage 1 package which is a simple 30 min job of taking out the ECU, putting in their own fuel chip and remapping.

What a difference to the Diso. I had it done due to the amount of towing I do as the increased tourque and BHP the basic package gives is quite sufficient. The performance when not towing is now quite unbeleivable. Low down torque now lets you pull away without the usual struggle and use of revs, and when you hit about 1700 rpm the instant power on tap is a giggle everytime.

Check out their web site to see what else they can offer, but I wouldn't hesitate in getting yourself booked in for a stage 1. They had an offer on when I had mine done (£238 + VAT).

They are a decent bunch of guys who know what they're doing and that is worth the trip alone, don't let your local garage do a bolt on job. They would probably charge you more as well.

You won't believe the difference, and mine is better on juice now too.

With the age of your disco, as with mine, unless your going to keep it long term it probably wouldn't be worth opting for a stage 2 due to the cost.

As for the EGR valve, I asked about this and the Tech at JE advised that it wouldn't be worth it unless your valve is sticking anyway (he will look at this for you as he did with mine). As I had enquired about the EGR valve when I initially e mailed them they had machined a blanking plate ready which turned out not to be needed due to the Techs advise. Now that is service, and I am sure alot of other tuners would of said ' Oh yes, fit an EGR blanking kit ££££'.

PS unless the disco is running rough blanking the EGR valve doesn't make a noticable difference really.

Happy Disco ing.

Jon.

I have disco on a 99 ,i have had it remapped and it makes a big difference,Just done an egr removal and removed middle box ,sounds great and seems to pull even better.I am waiting for my big intercooler to arrive and then i will be putting a stage 2 remapp into my ecu and fitting a turbo booster box so i can tun the boost up...