Td5 remap ?

Tear it up

Just bought a '99 V reg TD5. Absolute bargain even if I do say so myself. Quite a few bills with it, one that caught my eye was one that cost £2000 2 years ago for springs, brakes, intercooler pipe work etc etc. Bought it for £2995. My questions are is it worth getting it remapped? What are the pros and cons of doing this? Roughly how much will it cost and where's the best place to go?

Asking twice?

Sorry. thought I would put it on here as well to cover more bases as a td5 wasn't just put in a discovery and maybe some people who don't go in the discovery section might have some useful input for me. If this is wrong then I appologise, but as I know from previous experience of mapping a car is to find out all the facts before you do it

My TD5 Disco was remapped before Xmas and its like a new truck now, NO flat spots, pulls like a train. I would get it remapped if I were you.

Had a remap done on the Freelander and did not see the same results, its better than before, but the remap on the Disco made such a change, it was miles better than it was before the remap.

Worth doing....YES

Youll gain bhp, torque and drivability, its best when combined with a larger intercooler however a remap alone is good enough to transform a standard vehicle.

Cost whise it depends who does it however they are all similar in cost, quality does vary but i'd recommed any of the following:

Bell Auto Services (Pete)

IRB Developments (Ian)

Allisport (Andrew)

I have delt with them all personally over the years, i have heard good things about brunell, Jeremy fearn and JE engineering too.

Worth doing....YES

Youll gain bhp, torque and drivability, its best when combined with a larger intercooler however a remap alone is good enough to transform a standard vehicle.

Cost whise it depends who does it however they are all similar in cost, quality does vary but i'd recommed any of the following:

Bell Auto Services (Pete)

IRB Developments (Ian)

Allisport (Andrew)

I have delt with them all personally over the years, i have heard good things about brunell, Jeremy fearn and JE engineering too.

I would add TD5ALIVE to that list.

Just bought a '99 V reg TD5. Absolute bargain even if I do say so myself. Quite a few bills with it, one that caught my eye was one that cost £2000 2 years ago for springs, brakes, intercooler pipe work etc etc. Bought it for £2995. My questions are is it worth getting it remapped? What are the pros and cons of doing this? Roughly how much will it cost and where's the best place to go?

Yes, In a word.

I have the jeramy fearn chip and uprated intercooler in my TD5 and the mid range improvment is great, you can replace the centre silencer box, for more low down grunt.

• 2 months later...

I've just had my 2001 Td5 Disco remapped by Gary at Td5alive. I'm very impressed at both how he worked and the end result. I drove home with a big grin on my face. The engine now pulls like a train all the way to 4500rpm and probably beyond without sounding as thought it's in pain. The standard tune engine sounded horrible anywhere above 4000.

All I need now is a 6th gear. Much smoother and more torquey drive now. Money well spent.