No Tarmac please, we're British

Munster

Hello all,

I'm looking to organise a weekend laning/camping but want to spend as little time as possible on tarmac.

I'm looking for a 2/3 night route possibly in Wales or Devon/Cornwall (but am open to suggestions bearing in mind I live in west sussex) where I can join a route off the tarmac on day 1 and stay off the tarmac until I drive home.

My initial thoughts were;

Brecon Beacons

Snowdonia

Exmore

Dartmore

Has anyone done anything like this before and suggest some routes?? I'm not particularly looking to get muddy or stuck and will be looking to go in May probably.

Cheers

Hi

There are an abundance of lanes around Swindon, I have 4 or 5 routes that use very little tarmac the lanes here just flow into each other check out the OS

http://www.bdcc.co.uk/XMarksTheSpot.htm?t=...;g=SU1396085695

You can spend all day and not be 10 miles from swindon or a good route for the home ward trip would be Lambourn Great Shefford Chieveley then East Isley.

Give me a PM when your ready I would be pleased to show you around.

John

Can't be anywhere in the Uk though where you could spend 3 days driving and it all be in green lanes??

Depends on how slow you go though! :) There is no way it could be done without touching tarmac at all, but I dare say it could be done with minimal tarmac.

Chris