OT Diesel prices

reads90

What is hapening with Diesel price at the moment.

Just been to fill up the 110 and diesel is 20cents a ltr less than petrol.

Diesel was AU$1.04 a ltr .mmm and petrol was AU$ 1.22

So hence to say i filled the 110 right up with just over 150 ltrs of diesel

it's the other way round over here, diesel touching £1/litre again, unleaded sat at 89p/litre, LPG 49p/litre :)

how on earth did you get 150 litres in a defender???

Oh i have Long range tanks in my 110

Pretty standard here in Australia both my 90 and 110 defenders have long range fuel tanks

Its just gone down here from 105.9 to 102.9p/litre, that was an hour ago when I filled the 110 up, still bloody expensive locally, its much cheaper 20miles away. :(

Will :)

Thats what really pees me off.

I work 50 miles away from home and in the Shell there it is 4-5p a litre cheaper than the Shell at home.

When I asked why, the manager just shrugged to say what does he care.

Marc.

the one near us is the only station for 20miles in any direction :(

And I guess they know it.

Trowbridge seems to have uncommonly high fuel prices, perhaps down to a lack of competition. Go to Warminster, Melksham or Frome and it is possible to save several pence on a litre.

Chris

just been over to France, Diesel is 9 or 10c per litre less than petrol.

It's about time some direct action happened - like diesel drivers doing a 'oops I've stalled at the entrance to the fuel station for 5 minutes' - not long enough to be prosecuted, but long enough to lose them significan trade. 'Course, we wouldn't be popular with petrol drivers!

Direct action doesn't work as we all have to use fuel. Not buying it on one day just means we all need to buy more the next day. Maybe if we could all go a month and not use any they would feel the pinch.

There was a valiant effort a while back to boycott a single supplier which could have worked to a degree though if everyone did it. I suppose we'd only end up with the company crying to the Government for a handout which they'd get so as to save the jobs ;)

We just have accept it really, the Lions share goes on tax anyway and if its not on fuel it'll be on something else.

Will :)

get yourselves registered on www.petrolprices.com & get a weekly update of the 4 nearest fuel stations to your postcode.

from my place for example

Your search for TR14 *** found 28 petrol stations within 10 miles.

Including your 2 closest stations:

Tesco Camborne (Tesco), and Malthurst Redruth (Esso).

----------------------------------- Unleaded -- Diesel -- LRP -- Super -- LPG

The Highest price in this area: ---91.9p -- 101.9p -- n/a -- 96.9p -- 55.9p

The Average price in this area:-- 90.3p -- 101.4p -- n/a -- 96.1p -- 55.9p

The Lowest price in this area: ----88.9p --- 99.9p -- n/a -- 94.9p -- 55.9p

Wow prices have not come down that much in the Uk then

As i said i filled the 110 up yeasterday and just filled the 90. 150 ltrs in the 110 and 100 ltrs in the 90.

Just worked out that is 45pence a ltr in your part of the world. Wow and i thought that was exspensive.

I have been living outside the Uk for far too long :rolleyes: don't quite know if that is a good or bad thing

It's even better in NZ, diesel is $1.03 a litre (with the exchange rate at 2.8 at the moment that's about 37p), though petrol is a huge amount more at $1.70 for some reason. Petrol is still more popular but with prices like that I'm going to have to abandon my plans to buy a V8 and get something diesel!

Richard

The diesel prices went down because:

- world economy recession; commerce and production go down > less demand for moving goods > less demand for diesel > diesel price goes down (for example, US trucking industry reported a 20% decrease in the past 6 months).

- many refineries throughout the world increased their capacities for making diesel because of the 2007 and beginning of 2008 greater demand for diesel (it was payed better > more profit)

This tendency is a bit less obvious at the moment in UK because of the inflation and the exchange rate (worse than in most other EU countries - a 'small' price to pay for not adopting the Euro as national currency, beside other reasons).

Actually, the tendency is for the difference in price between petrol and diesel to be restored as it was before mid 2007 (diesel cheaper than petrol).

For the UK there's a monthly report from the AA about fuel prices and tendencies, the February 2009 report is here: http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allaboutca...ebruary2009.pdf (use http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/ as the start page to get future reports).