X Nav GPS

kkk2

I've put together an app that works with OziExplorer and supports Irish Grid, it acts as an overlaid keyboard for Ozi explorer and gives you a Garmin style GPS arrow over the top of the moving map and ways to add/edit/delete waypoints among other things.

I wrote it because I found OziExplorer too fiddly to use with a touchscreen in competition so put it together as a touchscreen overlay aimed specifically at challenge navigation.

I mentioned this on another discussion about X Nav so maybe that was where the connection was made ?

cheers

Dave

X-Nav doesn't currently support Irish Grid - but when I get half an hour to my self - there is no reason it could not.

I was planning a bit of a Mk2 with a few extra features later in the year anyway.

Si

Hi Simon, Thanks for the reply, looking forward to the upgrade

I've put together an app that works with OziExplorer and supports Irish Grid, it acts as an overlaid keyboard for Ozi explorer and gives you a Garmin style GPS arrow over the top of the moving map and ways to add/edit/delete waypoints among other things.

I wrote it because I found OziExplorer too fiddly to use with a touchscreen in competition so put it together as a touchscreen overlay aimed specifically at challenge navigation.

I mentioned this on another discussion about X Nav so maybe that was where the connection was made ?

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave I use Ozi already with calibrated Irish Os maps, could I get a copy of your programme to work on my touchscreen laptop? beer tokens/donation to site which ever you prefer.

K

The intention is to release it as freeware once I've stopped adding new stuff to it.

I've got to finalise a version in the next week or so so I can make sure it's working OK before the Muddy Truckers. Anyone interested in a test version PM your email address, screen resolution (so I can pre-check the button placement). I've only tested it on XP so far as that's what my Nav PC runs.

cheers

Dave