paint work restore job

maxtherotti

hi all my recently purchased disco is in very good cond but i want it better (and before any one starts laughing at the back yes i know its a land rover but that dont mean it cant be clean )

there are quite a few light scratches etc on the paint and i want it buffed back to a spot on finish

hand polishing has made it shiney but there are still more marks on it than i would like

so anyone on here able to recommend either a mobile one or local ish place that will do a proper job on it?

i had a local garage valeter buff my last car with a mop and he burned the paint so defo want better than that doing lol

rob

ps if and one on here wants the job pm me and we can sort it

just use a good quality polish and the normal t cut not the colour stuff on older car i always do i a t cut and leave it to set then either mop off or rub witha good quality soft cloth, then us a light polish to give the deopth to the shine.

other cars i done are pictured below so u can see the depth of the shine

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

bit sad really but used to do for a living

this is my old lotus companyy car before going to a show very clean

HPIM3978-1.jpg

thats mine i did recently after 6 months of no washin and its nevr been polished before coz the paint felt like sand paper

post-4264-1235729334_thumb.jpg

Bilt Hamber have some good products. I have used their clay bar and it did

wonders for the paint work. Again felt like sandpaper, but after the clay bar

it was as smooth as a babies bum.

Took me all day though.

Wash

Claybar

Wash

Dry/ Chamois leather

Polish

Extra gloss protection.

Have a look on Detail world - or the Meguiars UK forum. There are some professionals who post up pics of their work on there.

Detail world is a bit boy racer - should be called retail world as they all spend a fortune on high quality detail products.

A good guy will clay your car to clean the surface, then measure the paint depth to see how deep they can cut with a paint cleaner. Then polish it. Then wax it - they'll also use an orbital polisher where the mop moves around as well as spinning.

There is a great guy in Manchester who is mobile but I think its a bit far!

Its not cheap to get a proper job done of course...

On my old car... i won't say what it was apart from fast and shiney i used a clay bar, then t-cut, then t-cut with a product called finesse it from 3m. About half and half mixed together, then just pure finesse it. Then a hard build wax, then a high shine wax. If you wanted to you could miss out the mix and the high shine, you would still get a good finish. A lot of work but it won trophys.

This is the stuff

Finesse It

P.S. If you do it yourself there is so much satisfaction. ;)