Last Day for Application of SVA

Tractorboy16

Hi all,

just off the phone to VOSA and today is the last day to apply for the current SVA as a passenger vehicle before it changes to the IVA.

For Commercial vehicles then the deadline is later, the lady couldn't remember but i believe its another year or so.

Commercial has to have two seats and a load bay.

all the best

James

Les, that's interesting as I've had a few people complain there were issues with load bed/cabin ratios. Mark, as yet I've not called the test station I'm planning to use for clarification - where did you go Les??? I've heard good things about one of the stations in the West Country (either Exeter or Taunton) - they were very fair. You hear some horror stories about some testers that are just out to fail cars that really should pass!

I've not yet picked a test station and spoken to them - I plan to do this before I cut steel but, TBH, I'm not going to compromise the vehicle to get through as commercial rather than passenger. The cab WILL be the size it's going to be and the load bed WILL be as short as its going to be.