seats

hello again chaps

at present im thinking about bit of an upgrade in the seat department in my 90.

mine have kinda past and very uncomforable.

was gonna have a look round the local scrappys for some buckety type seats out of a astra sri or that type of seat

any of you guys fitted similar to your and if so what were they fom and how easy were they to fit

thanks again

i have just fitted Recaro front seats from a rover 800 Sterling into my 90, i am chuffed to bits with them

two reasons i fitted them myself, and they are nice an comfy

secondly there are not hard to fit, can send a picture if required

hi mate i bought a set of these yesterday have you got any pics of how you fitted them you talking about the half leather recaros yea?

So I guess this means maintenance free batteries with an anderson plug, and tools in the back somewhere?

Cheers

SPD

rallycing

yes to the anderson plug, however a 13mm spanner can have the seat out in no time, i have tried a few times admittedly in the garage off road might be another issue :lol::lol::lol:

i have made sure the bolts are well coated so they will not seize :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Citroen BX (GTI?) seats fit easily into a Defender and have the advantage of a removable base making battery (and ECU on a td5) access easy too.

Or am I just dreaming?

Only problem with this solution being that most of the BX's have already been scrapped!

Any one else come across this?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Citroen BX (GTI?) seats fit easily into a Defender and have the advantage of a removable base making battery (and ECU on a td5) access easy too.

Or am I just dreaming?

Only problem with this solution being that most of the BX's have already been scrapped!

Any one else come across this?

I have heard that this is the case but when I went to get a price for a set from a scrapyard they wanted silly money for these seats - presumably they have heard of this upgrade

I have heard that this is the case but when I went to get a price for a set from a scrapyard they wanted silly money for these seats - presumably they have heard of this upgrade

Saab 9000 seats fit - but undersides need new fittings - so not good for battery and such - v comfy but high and judging from pics on recaro's and my recall of Range Rover seats - alos v high - not great if 6 foot

Recaro seats look good - do they squeeze out space for a mid seat though?

Chrisp

Several people have said the rangie seats are too high. I don;t know what i've done differently when i fitted mine to the 110, but i have my seat base tilted fully back and my thighs don't rub the steering wheel and i have plenty (4-6 inches) of headroom above my head. I'm 6 ft tall. I much prefer this driving position to the old flatter seats.

Saab 9000 seats fit - but undersides need new fittings - so not good for battery and such - v comfy but high and judging from pics on recaro's and my recall of Range Rover seats - alos v high - not great if 6 foot

Recaro seats look good - do they squeeze out space for a mid seat though?

Chrisp

the recaros themselves are pretty narrow not far off defender seats they look lost in my classic as they look so small

well in the end after wandering round several scrappys with tape measure in hand i ended up with the seats out of the front of a toyota celica.

they fit well and even tip forward so easy to get to jack and such.

will try and get some pics of them and put them on here