mot fail on high emissions

wib

You will probably get a better response if you share what type of vehicle, age , engine etc....

Basically a well tuned engine will have appropriate emissions....

The people on here have a wealth of knowledge, but they need something to work with.

Neil

• 1 month later...
You will probably get a better response if you share what type of vehicle, age , engine etc....

Basically a well tuned engine will have appropriate emissions....

The people on here have a wealth of knowledge, but they need something to work with.

Neil

hi,i had a problem with slightly high emissions,i used a product called cataclean,this worked for me and reduced the emissions enough for the mot,i hope this is of use to all members. :)

If it's a diesel, then add 20% cooking oil to the fuel tank. This makes a big difference to the emission readings.

Les.

Used or unused cooking oil, does it matter? Does the cooking oil clog up anything?

Kenny.

Used or unused cooking oil, does it matter? Does the cooking oil clog up anything?

Kenny.

Hi.

It did in my 97 RR clogged all the filters, and took three filter changes before

it cleared and started running with no smoke ( smelling of chip fat ).

Might be the problem with high emisions, can you see or smell any odours

from the exhaust.

Brian

Anyone know how two get the emissions down

:) find the reason why it fails :)

if it´s a petrol engine car ..

worn piston rings/oil consumption, Cats aged/not working, lambda sonds failing, timing out, distributor worn, spark plug/wires bad, ..

some good structural information about the emissions with petrol fuel is here, by reading of which you´d know how to help the vehicle resp. how to cheat (not that that´s recommended in your own interest, when it fails sth. is wrong and certainly mpg suffers or hardware too. If you drive the car lot of miles and the need for MOT indicates that it´s not just a Offroad-Toy then long term really pays to make it right)

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/tune.htm#emissions