TD5 remote oil cooler

I am building a hybrid racer with a TD5 engine. I don't know where to take of oil out and in for a remote oild cooler, please help.

You might think that this is a bit basic for someone building a car but my 'building' is largely limited to hold this, tighten up that and pay for these ;o)

It would help if I could work out where the oild pipes need to go so I can make up some connecting pipework.

Cheers in advance for any help.

photo below of the car not long ago!

post-2315-1235852163_thumb.jpg

I know its not a Td5, but this explains the principle!

Buy a kit like this (I know this is from a Scooby, but is excellent at showing what you need).

Unscrew the oil filter, put the adaptor plate in and then screw back on the oil filter (to the adaptor) pipes go into the adaptor and to /from oil cooler.

I used to work for Setrab a while ago (OK more than a while ago) you could get an oil cooler in any size and width, and also they used to do a cooling pack which was a small fan attached to the oil cooler to force air to cool in low speed conditions (I think they were also fitted to JCBs at one stage).

I think you might be able to get custom pipe work from James Lister Motorsport (another old employer) ask for Andy Berry if he is still there.

Hope this helps...

I think you might be able to get custom pipe work from James Lister Motorsport (another old employer) ask for Andy Berry if he is still there.

Hope this helps...

yes it does now I just need to measure filter diameter and whether it is some wierd ye olde english thread size and I am away.

Thanks

Buy a kit like this (I know this is from a Scooby, but is excellent at showing what you need).

Unscrew the oil filter, put the adaptor plate in and then screw back on the oil filter (to the adaptor) pipes go into the adaptor and to /from oil cooler.

I used to work for Setrab a while ago (OK more than a while ago) you could get an oil cooler in any size and width, and also they used to do a cooling pack which was a small fan attached to the oil cooler to force air to cool in low speed conditions (I think they were also fitted to JCBs at one stage).

Hope this helps...

One other question. There appears to be a connection from the inbuilt oil cooler to the radiator do you think this can be blocked off or will it have to be incorporated into my rear mounted radiator plumbing?

Why did I start this ??????????

cheers