Discovery 3 Commercial

Guest Ampneyman

Guest Ampneyman

Hi, my first post so be gentle :blink:

I'm thinking of buying a D3 Commercial for work use, I'll need to design some draws and racking. do any of you have pictures taken of the rear inside of a D3 body shell without the trim - seems to me there is a lot of extra space to be gained by removing it. At the moment its all ideas, and I'm working from pictures. Also any idea on dimensions and how long the load bay is, measured from the back of the front seats :unsure:

Hey I know a van would be easier, but then it wouldn't be a LR would it - heart definitely ruling my head on this one :rolleyes:

Hi, my first post so be gentle :blink:

I'm thinking of buying a D3 Commercial for work use, I'll need to design some draws and racking. do any of you have pictures taken of the rear inside of a D3 body shell without the trim - seems to me there is a lot of extra space to be gained by removing it. At the moment its all ideas, and I'm working from pictures. Also any idea on dimensions and how long the load bay is, measured from the back of the front seats :unsure:

Hey I know a van would be easier, but then it wouldn't be a LR would it - heart definitely ruling my head on this one :rolleyes:

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I have a D2 commercial and you are right, there's loads of room behine that plastic trim (or there is with the D2 anyway). I reckon another 4-6" which is nice. It also gives a squarer shape to the load space.

For racking etc, try http://www.mobilestoragesystems.fsnet.co.uk/ expensive though, but good quality.

We had an LDV van but when it came time for that to retire I too opted for a Land Rover. It's car-like in the front, comfortable, etc. But the rear loadspace is huge (enough) and you can head off-road at the weekends, or for months on end if the fancy takes :P

Guest Ampneyman

Thanks for the reply M&S. the draw thing is what i had in mind - with some racking on either side above. how long is your load bed, i guess the D3 will be similar to the D2 <_<

Wow didn't even know there was a Commercial D3, don't think I've seen any on the roads. Do they still have the TRS?

The guy I purchased my D2 commercial from replaced it with a D3 commercial.

Load space on mine is 1.8m long or thereabouts. Mine also has a solid bulkhead unlike the one in this pic - but should give you some ideas what to expect:

http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/4x4discovery..._commercial.php

I think that a genuine commercial (ie one from Land Rover) should have the special vehicles badge and plate under the binnet. Ours does.

There is an Irish chap on the DISCO3.CO.UK forum who has a superbly kitted out D3 Commercial. It was featured in an issue of Land Rover Owner mag about a year ago. He has a full locking drawer system, big inverter with power outlets, Microwave/Fridge etc. I think the drawers came from Outback (?)