Defender wheels?

kevanf1

You can but the some people do say you should use series 3 wheel studs as they are stronger.

Chris

Cheers Chris. Might be a good idea as I would like to put spacers on so I'd need as much strength there as possible.

What disk brakes have you put on your 2a then? Transplants from a later model or those made for Series vehicles (pricey too)?

My front disc brake conversion is part Landrover and part custom. I'm using 110 rear discs, Defender front callipers, and custom calliper mounting brackets. If you do a search in this forum you will find loads about front disc brake conversions.

Chris

My front disc brake conversion is part Landrover and part custom. I'm using 110 rear discs, Defender front callipers, and custom calliper mounting brackets. If you do a search in this forum you will find loads about front disc brake conversions.

Chris

Cheers Chris, will do :) There are loads upon loads of things I want to do on mine but they are all long term... as in the sometime within the next 10 years :) I'm being realistic.

Take care.

Kevan

Why not fit defender 130/1 ton rims and forget the spacers, cheaper than buying both,plus they are 6.5s so you can fit bigger tyres and you will have a better offset than standard rims

No need to change the studs either.

Now that sounds like a plan cheers. Right, now I'm on the lookout for 130/1ton rims.

Thank you for that brilliant suggestion.

Take care.

Kevan