OME springs

Hi:

I bit confused with OME suspension upgrades. The local store recommends OME 767 for the front of my 110" Puma. But I think these springs rate 285lb/in. Original springs are as always 155-215 lb/in.

From what I read on this forum most people go with OME 761 (200 lb/in) or OME751 (230 lb/in) to get around 2" lift with a medium size winch. I assume those Defenders are all non V8.

Any feedback is welcome

thanks

M

I have 761s at the front with a MileMarker hydraulic and a "Paddock" winch bumper. Compared to standard springs, they lifted the front a little less than 2". I had LR HDs on for a while that are 230 lbs/inch, they lifted almost exactly 40 mm compared to standard. Reason for changing was that a little softer springs compresses more offroad.

The 761s suit me fine together with OME dampers a little harder than standard. ;)

Edited to say that the engine nowadays is a 200Tdi.