Gearbox X member

Hi folks,I have just been given a Range Rover Gearbox X member (age/source vehicle unknown).The question is will it fit straight away or is modification required and how much? Oh, its going ,I hope!, onto a 86(C reg) swb 90 N/A diesel....And while I am on the subject of chassis,why doesn,t anyone make half chassis as they do for series machines? Or do they.........

Hi folks,I have just been given a Range Rover Gearbox X member (age/source vehicle unknown).The question is will it fit straight away or is modification required and how much? Oh, its going ,I hope!, onto a 86(C reg) swb 90 N/A diesel....And while I am on the subject of chassis,why doesn,t anyone make half chassis as they do for series machines? Or do they.........

the hole centers horizontally are the same but the hole centers vertically are different,

90 chassis approximately 7" deep rr chassis approximately 5" deep.

My gearbox x member is a rr one with some flat welded across the top then re drilled I have also done various other mods to my x member hence sticking with the rr one and not using the 90 one.