V OT Any computer People on here?

Bobtail-Jay

It very easy I did mine in 20 min and you could be lucky as Dell made loads of models so even yours could be very expensive but an other model could be cheaper,

Mine is Advent 7103 screen should of costed me £133.00

but got mine from a smaller model still Advent think it was 7003 or something like and the screen fitted cost me £9.99 second hand.

There is a tutorial somewhere on changing the screen over I see if I can find it for you.

Regards .....JJ

Yes, trick is finding how to pop the trim and locate hidden screws. Screen has 2 hinges and a ribbon connector on to main board. Best place to find a replacement is on ebay, my brother in law repairs laptops for a living and that's where he gets most of his S/H parts.

BTW, I'll pass on a hint, most laptops are sent in for repair because they are noisy and slow. He just cleans the fluff out of the fan and ducting, takes 5 minutes and earns him a packet :rolleyes:

Majority of others have been deliberatly dropped or liquid damaged in the hope that the warranty insurers will write them off, they are cute to this though, it's pretty obvious when it's done on purpose.

I agree - very easy.

I just bought a laptop with the same size screen on ebay as 'spares or repair' It was a different model - but both were 'Latitude' series.

It cost under a tenner altogether and yielded a WiFi board, a bigger hard drive, more memory - and the screen!

Used the new laptop to practice dismantling it without having to use a hammer!

Si