boot floor help

tonko007

Hi all plz plz plz help me. I have just bought a discovery 1996 :D and having a go at putting a new floor pan on it :unsure: . but the rust has taken hold of the flanges that hold the floor at the rear :angry: . has anyone got any experiance in doing this and possibly a welder. Who would be kind enough to help me out i live in congleton cheshire many thanks paul

PS I WILL PICK YOU UP AS WELL SO YOU DONT HAVE TO USE YA DIESEL

Hi all plz plz plz help me. I have just bought a discovery 1996 :D and having a go at putting a new floor pan on it :unsure: . but the rust has taken hold of the flanges that hold the floor at the rear :angry: . has anyone got any experiance in doing this and possibly a welder. Who would be kind enough to help me out i live in congleton cheshire many thanks paul

PS I WILL PICK YOU UP AS WELL SO YOU DONT HAVE TO USE YA DIESEL

Good posting from The big lad on the 'other' forum :( , good piccy's too.

http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=107999

The surrounding floor should have a lip on that the replacement panel sits on/in. Originally this is where the spot welds would have been (140 of them akchooly). As long as you have a square hole, then it doesn't matter so much. If not, then the new panel is needed anyway to make the square hole again to fit it to.

Any chance you could post some pictures?

Les.

thanks for the link very helpful i am also stuck with getting the seatbelt bolts out what is the best way to do this as i need to put the seat belts back in the same place dont i thanks paul

I was stuck with the seat belt bolt problem recently.

1 Ground off the top of the bolt

2 Drilled out the pop rivets

3 Failed miserably to undo the steel rod held by a split pin which is underneath

4 Obtained new mounting, bush and rod from Jake Wright's by mail order

5 Used cutting disc to go through the bolt in the lower part of the old mounting and remove it (NOT the bracket!!)

6 Tried and failed to replace the part on my own, using double sided tape, pieces of wood, etc to try and hold pieces

in place

7 Replaced the part quite easily, employing No1 son to do up seat belt mounting bolt whilst I lay under car holding

things in position. (I understand other relatives and acquaintances may also carry out this function adequately)

Hope that helps.

I have a motto. Don't fight it, grind the !**!!**! off!

this is mine

car021.jpg

car022.jpg

Nearly done now though, both sidesw rotten so made up new panels, lip that boot floor sits on is now 50mmx4mm flat bar and boot floor is 3mm plate! Shouldnt rust for a while and only cost £20 for metal from stockholders.

Was going to say it dont look like that now! lol, I see you in the morning if not I be there Monday bud,