Insa Turbo Traction Track

M&S

• 1 year later...

Wearing well, I reckon I'll get 35,000 miles out of them before I change them (and that'll be before the legal limit). Road manners are fine, maybe gotta be a bit easy on greasy roads but that's the same with any tyre really. Never lost any air on or off road. They are noisy on the road though!

Proving tough off road, no problems to report, sidewalls standing up well to everything the quarry throws at them. Very happy with them in mud and snow and everything else. A good "do it all" tyre I reckon. Work LOADS better at 20-25psi on wet mud but I don't bother for green laning, fields etc, just club trials.

The only reason I wouldn't buy them again would be because of the road noise. If I'm gonna have a noisy tyre I may as well go for something more aggressive for off-roading. Then again, these do eevrything I need off-road so maybe the noise is worth putting up with :blink:

• 4 months later...

Just to update this thread/review a bit...these tyres are still wearing well although now the fronts are leaking air quite a lot (daily). Both have slow punctures to do with cuts and tears from the quarry and damage to the beads. They have suffered a lot of general abuse such as driving on them flat, hitting a MASSIVE pothole at speed, kerbing them a lot, and anything else I could do to shorten their useful life :unsure: So not the tyres fault - I have trashed a BFG AT in less than 1000miles when I put a cut in the sidewall. These have proven to be as tough as you'd need for a tyre of this type.

The rears are in a much better condition and only half worn, so I think 40,000 miles will be a realisitc possibility :)

I have one new tyre on my spare rim, so will be buying just one to give me a new pair on the front.

I've decided that I probably won't go for a full set of these tyres again because of the noise and reduction in fuel economy (4mpg I reckon). I hope I can find an equally capable tyre that is quiter :ph34r: I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these IF you can put up with the noise and everyone saying "I heared you coming from 2 miles away" :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, today I have needed to replace the front tyres as one has a bulge in the sidewall from hitting a pothole at speed. Surprised that's all that got damaged to be honest!

So, as the life of the tyres has ended due to, erm, misuse and abuse by me over 25,000 miles (or so, maybe 27k, not sure) I thought I'd measure them.

New = 15mm

Fronts now = 6mm

Rears now = 9mm

The rears are staying on, the fronts are getting changed because they are a mess (my fault, running on them flat, spinning them through the quarry, bouncing off kerbs, etc etc).

in the past 25,000 miles I have only recently had a problem with one front holding air, and that just needs reseating on the rim as there's muck/stones wedged in from running them at low pressures off-road so happens to us all.

Based on how some folk rotate their tyres and leave them until they reach 1.5mm I think, with some care and attention, the traction tracks would last 40,000 miles. That's for a tyre that retails at £69 remember ;)

They have never exploded, delaminated, fallen off, or turned wet roads into ice rinks. They have proven themselves time and again off-road and in snow/winter conditions. I know I was fed-up with the noise they made but as I've got two more to wear through now I guess I can live with that a bit longer :P

Also the tyre supplier imports and sells LOADS of Insa Turbos and doesn't get any back for problems...unlike the old Colway tyres (who's factory they are near and they fitted a lot of).

I know that there will be the die-hard BFG fans and the anti-remould brigade who will never be convinced, but I'm glad I gave these tyres ago and will be sticking with recommending them to friends and family.

Hope it helps others looking for a road worthy but aggressive AT that excells in snow without breaking the bank.