disc's conversion rear

hi, back now from ten days in the sun :( ,like to thank everyone for there replys to my steering wobble problem, not yet sorted someone been and had a test drive steering box knackered, Now a question, read some post today informing me i could use a axle from a disco 89/94 with disc's swap with my defender 90 straight swap, is this correct, also would i beable to use the steering box off the same car, my box is 6 bolt if it's a 4 bolt would my terminals still fit. thanks wayne.

hi, back now from ten days in the sun :( ,like to thank everyone for there replys to my steering wobble problem, not yet sorted someone been and had a test drive steering box knackered, Now a question, read some post today informing me i could use a axle from a disco 89/94 with disc's swap with my defender 90 straight swap, is this correct, also would i beable to use the steering box off the same car, my box is 6 bolt if it's a 4 bolt would my terminals still fit. thanks wayne.

I got myself a 200 tdi 90 last year as an upgrade to the Dicovery series 1 i had. i done the rear axle swap as the 90 had drum brakes. the axles swapped straight over with no issues. think it's the 300tdi Disco that has the dohnut?? but not the 200 or series 1 witchever you want to call em.

The only thing you will have to do is turn the "Y" block main feed for the brake pipes round as the 90's come from the opposite direction. I changed the A frame as well while i was there as well.

Hope this helps

I got myself a 200 tdi 90 last year as an upgrade to the Dicovery series 1 i had. i done the rear axle swap as the 90 had drum brakes. the axles swapped straight over with no issues. think it's the 300tdi Disco that has the dohnut?? but not the 200 or series 1 witchever you want to call em.

The only thing you will have to do is turn the "Y" block main feed for the brake pipes round as the 90's come from the opposite direction. I changed the A frame as well while i was there as well.

Hope this helps

hi, thanks for your reply very helpful, being a novice what's the A frame, and pleased to inform everyone who helped steering wobble fixed, :) thanks for all your help. wayne