TAP,TAP 200tdi TAP,TAP,TAP,TAP

You have to cover up the hole otherwise you get covered in oil!

Vac pump orf and .........................................................tap,tap,tap............

Looks like it's Head off time, little end bearing? Broken valve? but it's not going to happen as I aint got the time or space at the moment.

What do 200 tdi engines go for in England? Would a 300tdi be a straight swop?

A complete Discovery engine would cost about £300. You could then transfer all your ancilliaries onto it. The trouble is, without pulling the head off, you don't know what you're gettting.

I'd suspect it was a valve problem, listening to that clip.

my 200tdi has a similar tap, nowhere near as bad though, and i think its down to excessive crankshaft endfloat. try getting a good grip on the crank pulley and push it back and forth in the engine, see if you can feel any movement.

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

did you ever find out what the tappy tap tap tap noise was?

Curly

Nah! Dam thing needed to much work doing to it (doors,chassis,bulk head) so I sold it on for spares. New owner promised to let me know if he manages to find out what the tapping is.

Nah! Dam thing needed to much work doing to it (doors,chassis,bulk head) so I sold it on for spares. New owner promised to let me know if he manages to find out what the tapping is.

he he fair doo's! let us know if you do though!!

cheers,

CURLY