p38 DSE 3 cuestions,ploblems

Adal

Hi!

Own a RR p38 DSE 2.5 bmw.

Got three cuestions see if somebody can help.

1. EAS gave problem and I have done myself the repar...changed fornt airsprings,Changed all o-ring in airvalves (Inside black box under bonnet),made myself air independent inlines for each airsprins...pumped it up and doesnt loose air...but is on hard fault mode. For avoiding ECU of EAS pumping down the air got fuse 3 anf 17 off and the car stais up. Have the cable and software but dont get them to comunicate with ECU of EAS unit.......Can I still run with the car like that for the time beeing??? goes well!!!

2. Have to make oil change but dont know were the iolfilter is.....cant find it (and do know something about engines...but not about diesel...and the engine is so tight unde the bonnet!!!. A photo will help..thanks!!

3. sometimes driving and the is a loss of power......and the light of the inyjector comes on on the dash board...and the engine stops.....tur the key off and then on....and starts ok....off you go......¿Somebody know what happening?...something is wrong and dont know what....and think It´ll go worse I think!!

Hope you can help!!!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Might be usefull if you put your location in your profile. ;)

1. The EAS unlock software works a threat, once you have taken the time to carefully read the instructions and tried it a few times. Sometimes you don't get a connection first time, simply retry.

You can use the car without the EAS, by just manually pumping the airbags when needed, no problem at all. Especially if there are no leaks and the car stays up nicely. But off course this won't give you the advantages of a working EAS.

2. The oilfilter is located on the left side of the engine (right if standing in front of the car), under a black plastic cover with a 36hex on it.

3. Could be all sorts of things, but would suspect an injector or wiring problem. It would be usefull to get a reading with a Testbook or Rovacom, to check the faults logged.

Greetz,

Filip

Hi!

Own a RR p38 DSE 2.5 bmw.

Got three cuestions see if somebody can help.

1. EAS gave problem and I have done myself the repar...changed fornt airsprings,Changed all o-ring in airvalves (Inside black box under bonnet),made myself air independent inlines for each airsprins...pumped it up and doesnt loose air...but is on hard fault mode. For avoiding ECU of EAS pumping down the air got fuse 3 anf 17 off and the car stais up. Have the cable and software but dont get them to comunicate with ECU of EAS unit.......Can I still run with the car like that for the time beeing??? goes well!!!

2. Have to make oil change but dont know were the iolfilter is.....cant find it (and do know something about engines...but not about diesel...and the engine is so tight unde the bonnet!!!. A photo will help..thanks!!

3. sometimes driving and the is a loss of power......and the light of the inyjector comes on on the dash board...and the engine stops.....tur the key off and then on....and starts ok....off you go......¿Somebody know what happening?...something is wrong and dont know what....and think It´ll go worse I think!!

Hope you can help!!!

Thanks

Thank´s for the information...localized the oil filter. The EAS now work thank´s to the dealer here in Tenerife (Canary Islands.Spain). The guy seemed a bit impressed with all the system I built to be abble to inflate the airsprings so they didnt charge me for the reset....that was good.

The car goes smooth now.....yes!!

This morning made the same thing...just stoped and turned on the light of the inyector.....did it two times.....But keep on ok...I´ll have to take it!

If somebody knows what could it be?

Adal