RANGE ROVER HALF SHAFTS

Rotor

Any one know if I can fit rear axle half shafts from a 1993 RR (FTC3186/7) into an axle from a 1990? Basically I want to change pn`s 571882 /3 with FTC3186/7 , both are for a 10 spline diff, reason? I can find any new 571882 /3 half shafts anywhere ,reasonably priced pattern ones anyway.

Rgds

Rotor

Are the type you have the mushroom-head ones?? If they are then you have an imperial casing and the newer ones won't fit.

If you have either of the later types (one piece flat head, or two piece shaft and flange with a rubber cap), then they should fit...

Are the type you have the mushroom-head ones?? If they are then you have an imperial casing and the newer ones won't fit.

If you have either of the later types (one piece flat head, or two piece shaft and flange with a rubber cap), then they should fit...

Yep mushroom type , any chance I can fit normal half shafts with a separate flange?

Rgds

Rotor

Yep mushroom type , any chance I can fit normal half shafts with a separate flange?

Rgds

Rotor

There is always a chance, but in this case, it'll be a fight. I believe the hub will need to be re-drilled to the correct fitting dimensions of the different flanges. I am no expert, though. Others may have experience of doing the conversion...

It may be possible to fit later hubs, but again, I'm not sure whether the hub fixings are the same or not...

you can swap between imperial and metric, as long as the shafts are the right length,

i have a 24 splined tdi 90 and blew up the rear diff. I just happened to have an early 2 door disco rear axle in the garage and as a temp measure i put the 10 spline diff and shafts into my rear axle.

yes the mushroom headed half shafts have a different pdc to the metric heads - but 5 minutes with a decent drill bit opened up the holes on the mushroom head enough that they fitted fine onto my metric hubs using the original metric bolts.

when i finally get a "round tuit" i will dig out my original shafts and put in the 24 spline diff i picked up about a year ago.