High speed handling/stability

Davecrx

Hi

This is my first post and to be honest in a way i'm new to land rovers.

So I have a 200tdi disco which at this moment in time is standard.

I will be using it mainly on the roads but with blasts down woodland tracks and ex-army land.

I wont be doing any rock climbing, sailing or mucking around in deep mud in it.

What i would like some info on it what suspension setup to have.

I've got in mind a 1" drop on the springs, uprated shocks, install front and rear anti-roll bars,

incress the track by spacers or wider wheels, nd my be in the future poly-bush the lot.

The more info the better and some idea as to where i could find parts would be great.

Thanks for your help Dave

Your suspension if still original is probably shot and sagging right now which will make it wallow - same with your bushes

If you dont want a suspension lift then just replace springs and shocks with new standard size ones but better quality - monroe adventurer shocks are good.

Anti roll bars will help on road but limit articulation off roading (not that mine have ever got in the way off roading)

Buy a new bush kit find a friendly garage who is short of work with a press and it will save you 2 days of spanner work under your motor ;)

Your suspension if still original is probably shot and sagging right now which will make it wallow - same with your bushes

If you dont want a suspension lift then just replace springs and shocks with new standard size ones but better quality - monroe adventurer shocks are good.

Anti roll bars will help on road but limit articulation off roading (not that mine have ever got in the way off roading)

Buy a new bush kit find a friendly garage who is short of work with a press and it will save you 2 days of spanner work under your motor ;)

Yer the springs are shot as it sagging on one side :huh: but the bushes look good as they are not cracking.

I was thinking of using standard hight springs but with a higher spring rate to give it a firmer ride.

As for articulation i'm not going to need the large amounts of movement so the fitting of anti-roll bars should be fine.

i would go for original springs plus exchange the bushes anyways, you will notice a huge difference.

personally i think the original setup is totally ok for motorway driving, took my 300tdi up north for about 400km(motorway only)

Travelling safe at about 120 km/h was no problem at all.