Fuel warning light

Naks

Hi all

Being a n00b Disco2 Td5 owner, how far can I go when the fuel light comes on?

I also notice that it comes on above the red line unlike other cars? :huh:

Hi all

Being a n00b Disco2 Td5 owner, how far can I go when the fuel light comes on?

I also notice that it comes on above the red line unlike other cars? :huh:

Hi you are normally looking at 1-2 gallons, but obviously letting it run really low there is more chance of picking up any carp off the bottom of your tank which your pump wont like.

Also if you are driving off road at odd angles there is a chance the pump won't pick it up properly especially at steep side slopes.

firemannotsam.

Hi you are normally looking at 1-2 gallons, but obviously letting it run really low there is more chance of picking up any carp off the bottom of your tank which your pump wont like.

thanks, after much searching, I found it in the manual - 9L when the light comes on.

Btw - gallons? No one told you Brits that this is the 21st century? :P

Btw - gallons? No one told you Brits that this is the 21st century? :P

You're driving a Land Rover, Land Rovers are calibrated to use gallons not liters. Using liters rather than gallons can damage your fuel pump that's why countries that don't use real gallons always seem to think Land Rovers are unreliable.

Wheelbases are measured in inches, fuel is measured in gallons and if you do otherwise the Land Rover gods WILL smite you down.

...that's why countries that don't use real gallons always seem to think Land Rovers are unreliable.

no, that's because countries that don't use gallons actually have real off-roading. Greenlaning is what grannies in wheelchairs do around here ;)