Coil Spring Lengths

Hi all.

I have got a set of four coil springs from a D90 I am rebuilding and have had them sand blasted for painting and the blasters have removed my marking labels so I now dont know which is which.

Dose anyone know the which spring is which from its length.

The truck is a Breg standard van sided 90.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Ta muchly.

I did find that page and went and measured tham and two of my springs are 15" and two are 15.25", not that much of a differance in length are thay. Im sure the sheet on that website says that rear springs are 16" or something.

I will remeasure again then just stick them on and hope for the best.

Are they different from side to side as well as front to back.

Ta muchly.

Are they different from side to side as well as front to back.

Yes they are, they are handed for each position.

You'll see that your springs would have settled a bit over the years so the dimensions won't be precise.

Cheers,

Todd.

To aid matching them with john chart number of coils and wire diam helps though I guess you can assume they are stock 90 springs so why not work the other way. Get the specs of the four springs from john's chart and use that to identify yours.

Alternatively, and without looking so you may want to check, I'd expect the pair with fewest coils to be your rears. Then for each pair put the slightly longer ones on the drivers side.