3.9 v8 elec help needed asap!

the bey

im in need of some help with wirein in a 3.9 from a L plate rrclasic. i have fitted the engine and engine loom but now need to wire it into my 90. i know that the puple whit is fuel pump but thats about it. i have a few wirein diagrams but cant really work it out. i have used the starter feed and switch from exsistin 90 loom so i can turn it ova but now need the rest! many thanks!

ash

im in need of some help with wirein in a 3.9 from a L plate rrclasic. i have fitted the engine and engine loom but now need to wire it into my 90. i know that the puple whit is fuel pump but thats about it. i have a few wirein diagrams but cant really work it out. i have used the starter feed and switch from exsistin 90 loom so i can turn it ova but now need the rest! many thanks!

ash

If I'm reading this right you have the engine loom but don't have the in-car loom, relays and ECU which is a bit of a show stopper.

If you have all these then I can tell you what you need as inputs and outputs from the EFI system.

Steve

If I'm reading this right you have the engine loom but don't have the in-car loom, relays and ECU which is a bit of a show stopper.

If you have all these then I can tell you what you need as inputs and outputs from the EFI system.

Steve

hi

the engine loom has the main ecu and the two relays in it. i have been doin some searchin and have found the main ones ......... i think....hope

these are where the car loom joins the other loom under the dash on rr

oblong conector with following wires

white/gray- ign 12v

white purple- fuel pump live supply

black yellow- efi warnin lamp

yellow- speed sensor

brown- constant 12v supply

black ora- neutral/park start switch wire

purple yellow heated front screen

is there anythin else i need for it to run???

any input would be of help!

I thought the engine loom was complete/separate (up to a certain year) and could be wired in relatively easily? Mind you, I'm also fairly sure the certain year when it became a massive hassle was about H plate :unsure:

If you've got wiring diagrams can you scan/photo them and post up explaining which bits you have got and which bits you either haven't got or don't understand?

I thought the engine loom was complete/separate (up to a certain year) and could be wired in relatively easily? Mind you, I'm also fairly sure the certain year when it became a massive hassle was about H plate :unsure:

If you've got wiring diagrams can you scan/photo them and post up explaining which bits you have got and which bits you either haven't got or don't understand?

the lom i have does include the ecu and relays! it oes under the seat on the rrclassic and the prob i was havin was the the conectin where this joins the interior loom.

there is a rectangular plu with 7 wires in, here they are and with what i think their job is,

white/green- ig switched 12v

white purple- fuel pump feed

black yellow- speed sensor????

brown- 12v battery feed

black orange- neutral parks switch

purpleyellow- front heated screen sensor

does this help? im thinkin if i conect them as above then it should fire up? the rest of the loom around engine has been left untouched, ie all wires fron/to ecu and all engine sensors such as air flow meter coil etc

the lom i have does include the ecu and relays! it oes under the seat on the rrclassic and the prob i was havin was the the conectin where this joins the interior loom.

there is a rectangular plu with 7 wires in, here they are and with what i think their job is,

white/green- ig switched 12v

white purple- fuel pump feed

black yellow- speed sensor????

brown- 12v battery feed

black orange- neutral parks switch

purpleyellow- front heated screen sensor

does this help? im thinkin if i conect them as above then it should fire up? the rest of the loom around engine has been left untouched, ie all wires fron/to ecu and all engine sensors such as air flow meter coil etc

The Circuit I have is for 1990

W/S is +12v

W/P goes to fuel pump but should have a fuse inline.

B/Y is efi warning symbol. I assume this is a light to tell you there is an efi fault.

Y road speed transducer....not sure if system will work without this.

O/B Auto trans neutral switch or connect to a 510 Ohms resistor if manual.

Do you have the Lambda sensors?

Do you have the W/B wire and resistor connected to the coil negative?

Steve

The Circuit I have is for 1990

W/S is +12v

W/P goes to fuel pump but should have a fuse inline.

B/Y is efi warning symbol. I assume this is a light to tell you there is an efi fault.

Y road speed transducer....not sure if system will work without this.

O/B Auto trans neutral switch or connect to a 510 Ohms resistor if manual.

Do you have the Lambda sensors?

Do you have the W/B wire and resistor connected to the coil negative?

Steve

yes i have all lambda sensors and are all fitted and conected back up. wired it all up today includin the w/b wire on coil neg but not gettin any spark or injector outputs from ecu. the relays are all switchin so is the fuel pump output, traced it back to the ignition module on side of the dizzy and it seems that it has gone down so not havin signal to the coil or ecu, couldn get one today but will first thing tom. fingers crossed it should start with the new one fitted! wish i had stuck with the tired old 3.5 on carbs it had in there now! lol thanks.

yes i have all lambda sensors and are all fitted and conected back up. wired it all up today includin the w/b wire on coil neg but not gettin any spark or injector outputs from ecu. the relays are all switchin so is the fuel pump output, traced it back to the ignition module on side of the dizzy and it seems that it has gone down so not havin signal to the coil or ecu, couldn get one today but will first thing tom. fingers crossed it should start with the new one fitted! wish i had stuck with the tired old 3.5 on carbs it had in there now! lol thanks.

You have got the resistor at the coil terminal for the B/W wire? I think it is there so the spike from the ignition does not blow the ECU.

Steve