Where can I find a supplier for these?

Madcowz

Great to see a new area of the forum just for Ralph the human part number machine!

I have a request which isn't for part numbers but is for a supplier of parts and I hope this would be the correct place to ask?

My best description would be a cable/string loop sleeve and a thing with a hole in it, confused? I thought so, let a picture speak a thousand words...

post-4939-1236844688_thumb.png

thanks,

Hedley

Great to see a new area of the forum just for Ralph the human part number machine!

I have a request which isn't for part numbers but is for a supplier of parts and I hope this would be the correct place to ask?

My best description would be a cable/string loop sleeve and a thing with a hole in it, confused? I thought so, let a picture speak a thousand words...

post-4939-1236844688_thumb.png

thanks,

Hedley

Trailer Breakaway Cable perhaps?

Colin.

Thanks for replies.

I'm going to use Para cord for the 'string' as that will look right on the trailer (sankey) but I'm not sure the electrical ring terminals will look authentic despite being a damn good idea.

I could always use small chain instead and then wouldn't have to loop any string.

thanks.

how many lanyards for lynch pins do you need, we have wire ones covered with heatshrink at work, should be able to grab some tomorrow

on my tow pin lynch pins I use brass chain like you'd use in the bathroom for the plugs, B+Q stock it on reels.

how many lanyards for lynch pins do you need, we have wire ones covered with heatshrink at work, should be able to grab some tomorrow

on my tow pin lynch pins I use brass chain like you'd use in the bathroom for the plugs, B+Q stock it on reels.

Ralph, I would like 4 if possible, need to replace both tailgate lanyards and the rear towpin and lynch pin lanyards.

Now I know they are called lynch pin lanyards I was able to Google for them and find quite a few examples. I just didn't know what they were called so had no hope of finding them. Also found out that when the pins snap shut and it hits your fingers it is very sore. Because I am a slow learner I did this 3 times while showing them to my wife. Needles to say she found the subject more interesting when it involved hurting me. :angry:

Now I feel stupid, I never realise what was in the picture :o

There was someone selling some on eBay dirt cheap a while back complete with the pin (saves all the pain as well ;) ).

Colin.