Windy Gun

stuck

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a proper HD 1/2" air rachet please?

I have two fleabay ones and they are f*****g useless, my 10 year old daughter can produce more torque!

Not too worried what it costs as long as it does the job on a 10 Bar 15 CFM air suuply.

Thanks,

Mick.

Yes,I bought an Ingersol-rand 2135 ti max.

Very powerful,small and light - but I don't have a compressor that can keep up with it for more than 5 seconds :( .

15 cfm and a reasonable size tank should be ok,but not over the top.

Teng's air tool range (RACE) is good. I have their 1/2" drive gun and it has been faultless. I'm pretty sure they also come with a lifetime guarantee. Or you could try Atlas Copco - Ingersol Rand - CP they are all the same being from the same parent company.

Cheers Gents,

Just made the mistake of looking at snap-on, FFS is their tackle that good? :o

Best part of £2000 for a bloody tool box :hysterical:

I have a CP one I think its for chicago pneumatic, needs good compressor tho.

Due to recomendation I now too have a Ingersol Rand 2135QTI

Will rip virtaully anything off with (memory) around 1000 Ft Lbs troque :blink: and dead quiet too

I also gave up on the cheap junk - buy one of ^^ These you'll be stunned

Nige

So chuffed bought the 1/2 size 3/8s one as well, superb and ultra quick / small

Im looking at getting a new windy gun, I have got this compressor hooked up to a sealey retractable air line.

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?...productid=11149 compressor

What would be the best gun to go with this compressor?

At the mo I have got a £15 "off a market jobbie" but I have to crack most nuts off first with a bar. Is this because the compressor is not man enough or just because im using a cheap gun? I want somthing decent that will last so I dont mind spending a little bit more but dont really want to part with much above £250.

Small bore airlines severely restrict the amount of air available at the tool often meaning the tool won't work properly. Fine for tyre inflators but not much else. The curly plastic ones are the worst offenders.

I have an old CP rattle gun (£15 from a used tool shop, its old but good) that is virtually useless with the curly type line but no problem with a normal 10mm i.d air hose.

The better wrenches will specify a MINIMUM recommended airline i.d & the big Ingersol rands list 3/8", so bigger is better.