sorry to ask this if someone before me

sorry if this has been asked before

i have an oil leak coiming from a bolt hole in back of gear box ive been told its where the breather kit goes to .

its getting bad now

as im new to this defender stuff need someones help on this

its sort of rear of drain bolt

hope some one can help

:lol:

May I first of all say welcome along, and welcome to Defender ownership. It's almost as good as Series ownership. :P

Putting my grumpy hat on for a brief moment, if you could try writing in coherent sentences and not using 50% TXT SPK then we might be able to grasp what the greasy poop you're on about and offer a bit more help :rolleyes: if you're struggling to explain what the oily thingy next to the rusty bit is then get your camera under there and post a picture, it saves a lot of time in the long run.

Anyways, on to business. If you have a random threaded hole near the top at the back of your gearbox it's quite likely the breather especially if the thread is 1/8" BSP. That should have a banjo bolt and a couple of feet of pipe on it to vent to air but to keep it above water. If it's not there then now is as good a time as any to nip to your local HypHose and buy a handful of 1/8" BSP stainless 90 degree swivel elbows that accept 6mm push-fit nylon hose, and a 10m reel of hose in the colour of your choice to go with, and a pack of 100 cable ties. You can then screw a fitting into the hole, as well as the one on the transfer box and each of your axles (and possibly the engine too but I don't do diseasals) and then run a load of hose from the fitting up as high as possible. Congratulations, you now have raised breathers all round. Bling bling! :P

(Also are you definitely on about the gearbox and not the transfer box?)