series III indicators

muckshifta

Help

the indicators oin my landy have packed up tried the flasher unit on one of my others and it works,tried the switch on the other landy and it works.

the hazard lights work but not the indicators

help tis doing my head in

cheers Andrew

Check the hazard switch as the indicators run thro it if it is the original 'Hella' unit.

Help

the indicators oin my landy have packed up tried the flasher unit on one of my others and it works,tried the switch on the other landy and it works.

the hazard lights work but not the indicators

help tis doing my head in

cheers Andrew

Do you have a wiring diagram and a multimeter?

All tests of DC volts will require the black lead of your multimeter put down to a good earth (accesory socket good on your vehicle?)

Ok, have a SIII negative earth diagram in front of me, the indicators are fed off the ignition switch so naturally that needs to be on, the fuse for terminals 5>6 is supposedly the indicator and wiper motor feed so this can be your starting point, pull the fuse and test it for continuity, if good, then test terminal side 5 which is the ignition feed for 12VDC, if good, then put your fuse back in and look for the flasher relay.

The colour of the wire leaving the fuse box is meant to be green, the flasher relay I have listed here is a two terminal type notated B and L, pull the connector/terminals and test the green wire for 12VDC, if it does it means your feed is getting upto the relay, if not, possibly a broken wire.

As we know the flasher relay is good the next wire of contention is the Light Green wire with a Brown tracer that leaves the flasher relay, goes through a connector block and into the switch gear. With this wire pull the connector block and test the terminal for continuity (beep mode or Ohms on your meter) from the flasher relay terminals to the connector block, if no continuity then suspect broken wire, if good, ar$e!, as we've just come to the end of the circuit that could cause a failure in both sides and not the warning lights.

If all turns up good upto this point then the next possible issues is both of the output lines too where it meets the wiring for the warning flashers being duff, unlikely but you'll have to take it from there when you know all the rest is good :)

Just for future reference broken wire on the switch is a common problem on s3 aslo applies to main beam wire. Bad connection between fuse and fuse box is another common problem. Hazard light switch can play up, but usally will make connection after you press it in and out few times if this happens clean it and it be ok. Greg