A little lesson in the basics.

Ok so I having been getting my 1984 90 ready for its first MOT in three years and was going through all the usuall checks. Headlights work in all situations. Fog lamp OK.

Indicators only working on the near side of the vehicle. Hmmm when turning right the lamp came on on the dash and the relay clicked but nothing at all outside. Bulbs all looked good and complete and they were working when I parked it up. So on with the Hazard warning light switch and only the left comes on. Turn off and the relay stays clicking.

Strip out the hazard switch connections and clean with De-Oxit. ( a great conact cleaner) now the hazards work on the left and stop the relay clicking when turned off.

So change the relay. Same result.

So change the relay again for a known working one (off the other 90!). Same result.

Put back first replacement relay, same result.

Remove glass from indicator lens and lightly touch bulb. Works. Repeat at the back and all lamps working. Clean all connections around bulb holder and repeat test all working.

Just thought I would share....

Once a had a very annoying earth fault on my front left indicator on the series2. It was so unreliable that as it was working when i arrived at my MOT i made a point of showing the nice MOT man it functioning in all its glory as i knew it would pack up later.

And because it then knew that it had been beaten, it worked flawlessly for the test itself! :blink: