fault code reader

pinkbeef

Hi

As far as I know only petrol cars produced since 1996 meet the OBD II standard. Having said that my 2001 TD4 is not 'advertised' as being OBD II compliant but is....

Diagnostic connector is in the centre console, passenger side footwell. If you open passenger door wide and peer behind the console you should see rectangular connector on a bracket.

If you have a socket then it may be built to the spec but don't quote me - you can get a code reader on ebay.

hope this - sort of - helps

ps! even if you do manage to connect up you will only be able to access engine fault codes - you cannot access the abs, srs airbag system, key programming or other options - for this you'll need a landy dealer or an independant using autologic equipment.

I have an OBD II reader and the softwear, but it wont connect, the fault im getting is the car is not OBD II compliant, which is why i need to know which scanner i should purchase.

Yeah, me too. I have a 99 XEDi and it won't connect. Mine is based on the ELMScan, the one that has all the protocols.

• 1 month later...

as the owner of an obd 11 scanner and a 1999 1.8 freelander I can definately state that neither will talk to each other. Only way is to use someone with an official LR computer. Then you will find more faults than you knew were there... :o