Throttle cable connection pics please.

Has anyone got pictures / line drawing of the end of the throttle cable and how it connects to the pedal on the above. The TD engine is in catflap, and I need to work out how to connect the throttle pedal. Anyone done this? Can you use all the 90 bits to connect the cable to the series pedal or do I need to use a 90 pedal?

Thanks everyone.

Les. :)

Being a bit dim here, are you trying to or planning to fit a defender peddle into a series footwell? just that the vertical back wall is only about 3" tall in the series footwell, while 4" or 5" tall in a def/90/110 so this means you have to cut and bend a def peddle assembly to fit a series.

I'll get a photo in a few minutes of how I did mine

Ok, here we go, I got a pedal assembly and straightened it out as it's bent to fit the shape of a defender footwell.

I then bent it to the shape of a series footwell and two of the holes lined up with two on the series set-up, perfect, two less holes to drill!

I then tweeked the stop abutment so that the pedal went to the floor (smaller area in the series well means less movement unless modified), and I got it like this at present:

DSCF1874.jpg

Dunno if my cable is def or Sherpa, but it had a plastic abutment so I drilled a hole to line up with the assembly and it goes through as such:

DSCF1417.jpg

Gets rid of all those nasty linkages and bits :)

Les,

I reused the standard pedal arrangement and all the existing rods on my lightweight. i just made up a bracket that holds the throttle cable outer sheath and then used one of the levers off the throttle rod that runs across the bulkhead to pull the throttle cable, works a treat.

there are some shots of the engine bay on my website that might show the bracket.

Cheers,