Extraction PDF files from a RAVE cd ?

tuko

Like the topic says,

can you extract pdf files from a RAVE cd? I've tried everything that I know, even downloaded some programs the "promised" to extract files, but no luck so far.

Apparently, LR has password protection on the cd, therefore your not able to extract..... or can you? There must be somebody that knows ? I'm also having the same problems with a Range Rover 1970-85 Cd I have.

Or does anybody know of a generic password that LR my use on the cd's?

Todd.

Like the topic says,

can you extract pdf files from a RAVE cd? I've tried everything that I know, even downloaded some programs the "promised" to extract files, but no luck so far.

Apparently, LR has password protection on the cd, therefore your not able to extract..... or can you? There must be somebody that knows ? I'm also having the same problems with a Range Rover 1970-85 Cd I have.

Or does anybody know of a generic password that LR my use on the cd's?

Todd.

there's a PDF program that when you go to the print menu, you can select "PDFCreator" and it "prints" it to a PDF file, use it at work to PDF CAD drawings for sending out to people :)

I used to use a free programme called PDF995 for that. It installs on your system as a printer but when you send a job to it you are prompted to select a "save location" and it creates a PDF.

It's going to depend how many pages you want to send to it whether it will be any good for you though. If you do loads it will either slow down or crash your machine.

I gave the above suggesions a try and no such luck.

It's the security that's locked into the original pdf file thats causing the problems. So, far, I've not found a way to hack the password protection or to recover the password.

Would anybody have any idea what LR used for passwords, for their CD publcations?

Todd.

I gave the above suggesions a try and no such luck.

It's the security that's locked into the original pdf file thats causing the problems. So, far, I've not found a way to hack the password protection or to recover the password.

Would anybody have any idea what LR used for passwords, for their CD publcations?

Todd.

If they're smart, fairly long randomly generated strings. Just to make it hard for you to nick :P

You will need to download a pdf printer driver and then print as a file using the pdf printer. I managed to split all models and all sections that way. The only snag is that you loose all the bookmarks so looking up is a pain with a 400 page manual!

While on this subject, has anybody tried splitting the epc or microcat in this way?? i have been trying but have not manged yet! only single pages and only the one you can view, plus no description or part numbers!

Grem