What steering column have i got ???

zim

Morning,

I'm busy trying to find a steering wheel for my toy, but i'm not sure which boss kit to get because i don't know which column i've used.

We've had numerous defenders / discos / range rovers in for breaking so a vast range of parts.

I was under the impression that it was from a defender, but the steering wheel we have managed to get fit is from a disco 200 (we think)....

Below are some pictures where you can kind of see it in the background, any ideas ?

n667984881_976602_8006.jpg

this is the top, the wheel is just placed on. i've cut off the bracket that had the ignition barrel on

n667984881_976601_7710.jpg

Thanks

Gordon

that steering wheel looks like one off an 90 110 to me

the steering wheel in the bottom picture is from a series, just placed on - doesn't fit.

it's the column i'm unsure about.

The steering wheel in the bottom image may well have been fitted on a series, but it's definately a 4 spoke wheel as fitted to early 90/110, so 36 spline.

The column you have looks to be from a Disco / RRC - the flange at the lower end is designed to bolt flat to the bulkhead footwell.

Matt