200Tdi Alternator connections

I've transplanted a disco engine into my 90 and will be connecting all the wiring up in the morning. I have a couple of questions though, as the alternator looks nothing like any of the pics i've seen whilst searching the archives. Pic attatched below...

post-7407-1237894635_thumb.jpg

Is this a higher amperage alternator than the old TD one? Will I need to uprate any wiring to cope with an extra load? The disco had aircon fitted if it makes any difference. Also the supressor 23-92 has nowhere for the spade terminal to connect? or do I fit a ring terminal to the post just to the right?

I think im right in saying the top stud is where the large brown wire goes and the smaller wire goes to the smaller stud on the right?

All help appreciated,

Cheers

Mick

i think the alternator will be a higher amperage however i didnt change my wiring and it has been fine for over 2 years but it could be worth checking just incase. Yes the large brown wire goes on the bigger stud and the little wire goes on the small stud not sure about the suppressor thingy HTH.

Bigger terminal is for the thick brown wire and the thinner terminal is for the dash light. You have 2 suppressors on the alternator ?

Les.

Exactly what i thought, as I've not seen two before. Not even on the modern stuff at work. I've got the disco loom at work so I'll have to see if there's any additional wiring to the other supressor.

Anyone else seen it before and can comment would be a big help..

Cheers

Mick