Front Number Plate Protection?

hattymender

• 1 month later...

To close this one out, I asked my neighbour who is in the Force and he went off digging through all his "can i nick him for that?" texts and came back with a categorical "OK" for mounting the numberplate on the lower windscreen bar.

He said as long as it was unobstructed and legible at 20m then all is well.

Do bear in mind that I asked him about a specific location, the lower windscreen bar, so extrapolate at your own risk ;)

Just rivet it to the ventilation flap on the bulkhead. I lost count of the amount of numberplates I lost after a serious mudbath and the solution is so easy.

The vents are called scuttle vents. The bulkhead area between the bonnet and windscreen is called a scuttle. Geeeeeezzzzz don't you guys speak English over there? :):):):rolleyes:

In the States, the solution is a lot easier due to the shape of the plates.

GRplate.JPEG

I thought there was an alternative UK numberplate configuration that was taller and narrower with the number divided onto two lines?

The vents are called scuttle vents. The bulkhead area between the bonnet and windscreen is called a scuttle. Geeeeeezzzzz don't you guys speak English over there? :):):):rolleyes:

In the States, the solution is a lot easier due to the shape of the plates.

GRplate.JPEG

I thought there was an alternative UK numberplate configuration that was taller and narrower with the number divided onto two lines?

Scuttle doesn't get used much now, sometimes called a rocker panel too.

that would be the square number plates as fitted to the rear of 90/110's, my frony one is square too, but is still quite large, we aren't allowed tochange the sizes by law UK & European.