OT honda 350 big red quad bike

wettstuff

Hi i have recently been having trouble with my quad not running right. Its starts fine fro cold but not when its been run a while and it does idle at tickover is seems like its searching. I thought it might be crud in the fuel line so ive taken of the tank and blown the fuel lines clean, then i had a brilliant idea of flushing the tank through with water but now it wont empty, even with the tap off it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LR content it gets towed behind my 110 for work

Mark

Guest noggy

washing it out with water wasnt the brightest of ideas...

take the tank completely off and turn it upside down, it suck it all out!

petrol is lighter than water so it will float on the top of the water so keep sucking until you taste petrol. its not good to drink petrol and it can make you sick so spit it out into something.

dont smoke for a while after either!

It's fairly common practice to steam clean fuel tanks, either for crud removal or prior to welding.

I always put mine in direct sunlight or in the winter on the woodburner.

I have a TRX350 Honda quad which also runs fairly rough. There is a fair bit on Google about it and two quad dealers I have spoken to have said they are prone to it. Consensus seems to be that the carbs are poor when new and worse when older. I've improved the running with fettling.

To be honest flushing the tank with water seemed like one of those brilliant ideas until i had filled it with water. Ive got pretty much most of it out but there is still some water in there and it sounds like there is loads of grit in there too. Would pouring a load of meths in help?

Steve was it the screw with the thumb adjuster thingy bit( i really am quit mechanicly minded lol) or the brass grub screw with the flat head slot in it?

On the front of the carb if your'e sitting on the bike? Is there another carb you can fit to improve running?

Mark