Dash warning light panels

Hi Ralph,

with ref. to right hand panel - top left on mine is 'parking brake' as previously mentioned bottom right is '24v'. the one centre bottom is trailer light.

will attach photo when I can track down wifes camera!

Dave.

edit - just viewed jason110 attachment, is identical to mine - so no need for photo ;)

Neither of my dashes have the same configuration, things I can see on mine yours doesn't have are park brake, a transmission warning of somekind and a transmission oil temp.

I suspect that if you illuminate the panel from behind you will be able to identify the symbol as on mine the diagram is on the inside not the outside as the other panels.

Rob

Cheers Guys, so the early panel on the right of my photo's seems to be the same configuration as my existing panel, that has clarified the questions over that one, the panel in the left photo, I've found info about 2 of the icons,

just need to confirm the top left & lower right icons.

I can't put a light behind to see them as I borrowed those photo's from elsewhere, I don't have those 2 panels, just trying to figure out if I stay with my existing one or change to the one on the left or go the full job & fit the Td5 panel I've got at home.

Thanks Hedley

yours is the same as mine :D

the owners info is the same as I have on my RAVE CD, I want to know what icon is at the upper left & lower right, as all the info I have seen doesn't tell me, I suspect the upper right is the seat belt icon as in the info above but it's location on the panel isn't shown & what is at the lower right ?

any one got the warning panel in my 1st photo in their vehicle, if so what are those 2 icons ?

Mine is an exmod 86 also and the greens/blues/oranges are easy to spot. The red ones are a bit tougher. the bottom right orange is a 24v batt for ffr vehicles.

There are many different types from what I have seen. Milspec/civvy/tdi/nad/efi

Two other red ones with no legend light up as two meshed gears one bigger than other. The other one is a cab tipping forwards.

I remember and article from LR mag about LLama FC vehicle

I believe there was plans for a LLama vehicle based on a forward cab LR but it was abandoned so in true BL/Rover style the instrument warning clusters were used up on vehicles on the production line. The 24v comes in handy on Mod fleet as the have the ffr alternator, I dont believe there is a seatbelt warning lamp on mine.

Pete

Mine is an exmod 86 also and the greens/blues/oranges are easy to spot. The red ones are a bit tougher. the bottom right orange is a 24v batt for ffr vehicles.

There are many different types from what I have seen. Milspec/civvy/tdi/nad/efi

Two other red ones with no legend light up as two meshed gears one bigger than other. The other one is a cab tipping forwards.

I remember and article from LR mag about LLama FC vehicle

I believe there was plans for a LLama vehicle based on a forward cab LR but it was abandoned so in true BL/Rover style the instrument warning clusters were used up on vehicles on the production line. The 24v comes in handy on Mod fleet as the have the ffr alternator, I dont believe there is a seatbelt warning lamp on mine.

Pete

thanks Pete, comfirms it's almost the same except for the seat belt icon.

Cheers to all for your assistance, we can let this drop off the page now :i-m_so_happy:

• 10 years later...

BTW - Thinking of using the unused oil over temperature warning LED as part of a low coolant warning device that building currently. 

Should really open up to have a look. However, in the meantime, anybody know how to hook up to that LED. Not able to recall how the LEDs are activated with respect to the connectors.

Thanks,

Simon...

• 1 year later...