Coil Sprung Disco 3 - Disadvantages?

EdF

I'm thinking of buying a basic Disco 3 which has coil springs.. I wonder if I come to resell it whether I might have trouble parting with it, it not having the terrain response feature. That doesn't bother me as I rarely, if ever, go offroad. Basically, I need a comfortable tug for pulling a caravan and trailers and a 4WD road car and having coil springs, after having owned a multitude of 90's and Disco 2's doesn't bother me.. This is a follow-on from an earlier post answered by BogMonster, but I thought that continued post wouldn't answer this question for me.. Thanks for any replies..

I'm thinking of buying a basic Disco 3 which has coil springs.. I wonder if I come to resell it whether I might have trouble parting with it, it not having the terrain response feature. That doesn't bother me as I rarely, if ever, go offroad. Basically, I need a comfortable tug for pulling a caravan and trailers and a 4WD road car and having coil springs, after having owned a multitude of 90's and Disco 2's doesn't bother me.. This is a follow-on from an earlier post answered by BogMonster, but I thought that continued post wouldn't answer this question for me.. Thanks for any replies..

A coiler would do what you require no problem. The air suspension would self level when towing, but the coils would be fine. You can even get a lift kit if you wish.

The coils won't break after a couple of years either leading to lots of bongs and a car stuck on the bump stops. Offroad ground clearance is hopeless on the coil version but for road use it may well be the better bet. Not sure on resaleability over there but I'm damn sure I wouldn't buy anything old with air suspension down here. All that electricity underneath will be as corroded as the Titanic by the time it gets to ten years old and it'll go down about as fast :)